Thursday, September 25, 2008

Rock hard, rock chalk Jayhawk!



So I am seeing that the student newspaper from the University of Kansas, the University Daily Kansan, is stirring up quite a bit of controversy over its annual Sex on the Hill issue. Particularly over photos taken depicting sex in a WWII memorial. Although, Lawrence is a progressive, liberal-minded college town, it does however lie in one of the more conservative states in the country. Which for me makes the issue that much more enjoyable to read, knowing that many of the readers are going to have to pray extra hard for God's forgiveness for seeing images of...gasp...homosexual affection. I am also quite impressed by the way many of the businesses in Lawrence supported the issue with aggreeing to run risqué ads. I can now say I am proud to have written for this publication and graduated from such a amazing University and community. Big ups Lawrence and KU!!!

Sex on the Hill "08

Fleshbot Article (NSFW)

No comments: