Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mophono Record Release Party

Okay, I'm about to make a really bold statement but. . . Mophono aka DJ Centipede could be the illest DJ in SF. If you don't know, homey slays it every Tuesday night at Madrone with Citizen Ten at their night called Change the Beat. Do yourself a favor and check it, I promise you won't be disappointed.

So last night at Space gallery he had his record release party for his skip on beat edit of the classic David Axelrod cut "The Edge". Guest DJs include E Da Boss, The Gaslamp Killer, B. Cause and Guillermo. Dopeness ensued.





Deejay OM and Samiyam.



E Da Boss spinning a set of 45s at 33 1/3 rpm.



















Centipede made the night fun with encouraging people to fuck with the table while he was spinning his Axelrod edit. It was cool because no matter how much people were fucking with the needle, the beat stayed strong. True skip on beat shit.



Later I stopped by a warehouse party in SOMA with Lazer Sword that was interesting . I also ran into my old friend Bryan Wiseman from back in the day who lives in Chicago now. Dude is the shit. People were getting down late as hell. I didn't take many photos though.





I love this city.

No comments: