Friday, November 14, 2008

Juke Joint 11.13.08



Last night was my first time throwing down a set at the Juke Joint weekly party in Sebastopol, CA. (About an hour north of San Francisco). The party was quite bangin'. My homey DJ Malarkey books some amazing DJing and musicians. Next month he will be welcoming Turntables on the Hudson (Nickodemus, Zeb, etc.) and past guests have included the Pimps of Joytime and Fort Knox Five. So although Sebastopol might be just a small town in Northern California, Malarkey is booking some world class acts.

Chango B warming things up.



DJing alongside me last night as the headliner was this cool cat from Vancouver called Wicked Lester. His sets are entirely comprised of 45s.







Kicking it with DJ I&I.













They are definitely doing some good things up north. Check it out for yourself sometime soon. Every Thursday night.

No comments: